Garlic and Health
- Eating a small amount of garlic daily is often recommended as a preventive action against cardiovascular problems.
- Regular garlic consumption is claimed to reduce cholesterol and reduce blood pressure.
- Garlic has been attributed to assisting in fighting asthma, atherosclerosis, diabetes, hypertension, and hypoglycemia.
- Garlic is known to be antibacterial and antifungal.
- Some doctors insist the consumption of garlic lowers bad cholesterol and breaks down blood clots.
- Before vaccines were developed against polio, garlic was used to prevent the disease.
- Freshly cut cloves of garlic or garlic powder may be beneficial as a topical antibiotic.
- Allicin, the active ingredient in garlic, has an effect similar to penicillin.
- From movies we also know that garlic wards off vampires – so always keep some around! In other words… garlic tastes fantastic and has apparently many other benefits!